How Much Does a Divorce Lawyer Cost in Florida
In Florida, the cost of a divorce lawyer is between $260 and $330 per hour. Average total costs for lawyers range from $11,000 to $14,000 and depend on the complexity of the case.
Average attorney fees for an uncontested divorce in Florida range from $3,000 to $5,000. As for a contested process, its total cost will largely depend on the number of points of contention between the parties. For example, if the case involves disputes on child custody or the division of marital property, the partners’ legal expenses could easily cross the $20,000 mark.
Divorce Lawyer Fees in Florida
The average cost of a divorce lawyer in Florida is $295 per hour. The total sum you will need to pay for lawyer’s services depends on several factors:
- The fees vary depending on the location where the case is being heard. In large cities, an hour of lawyer’s work may cost $350. In smaller towns, the same range of legal services, such as counseling in the preparation of divorce documents, support through all stages of the divorce process, etc., will be available for $260 per hour.
- If the future exes are willing to negotiate and go through the divorce process without contesting each other’s decisions, then hiring a consulting lawyer will be enough to successfully complete the case. How much does a divorce lawyer consultationcost in Florida? This option is much cheaper than the support of an attorney at all stages of a divorce and averages at just over $200 per hour. This legal assistance will allow you to avoid mistakes when filling out divorce papers and submitting them to the court.
- When the marriage dissolution process turns into protracted litigation, the parties should be prepared for their divorce lawyers fees to increase drastically. An attorney will need to participate in multiple negotiations between the parties and in court hearings, process vast amounts of information, and deal with complex custody and property division issues. A highly-qualified lawyer can get $15,000 or much more for a contested divorce they handle since it takes exceptional professionalism, experience, and skills to manage such cases.
- As a rule, attorneys take a retainer from clients before they begin divorce proceedings. This up-front fee covers the pre-estimated legal services of the specialist for a certain period of time. In an uncontested divorce, this one-time payment ranges from $2,000 to $5,000. A contested divorce, on the other hand, involves the payment of several retainers that are calculated at a higher prime rate (from $2,500 to $7,500). The more points of contention in the case, the higher the final attorney’s fees will be for each side of the proceedings.
Divorce Lawyer in Jacksonville FL
Jacksonville is the most populous city in Florida, so couples can easily find quality legal support here. Most attorneys provide free consultations to new clients. As for the lawyer fees for divorce, on average, they do not exceed $325 per hour. Legal consultation regarding the completion of divorce documents is estimated at $175 per hour.
Divorce Lawyer in Miami
Getting a consultation from lawyers in Miami usually costs clients $200 to $250. In a situation where the parties need legal assistance in a contested divorce, they will have to pay their legal representative about $350 per hour. Often, these cases last more than a year, and the final divorce lawyer rates can range from $15,000 to $20,000.
Divorce Lawyer in Tampa
In general, attorney rates in Tampa are not much different than in other large Florida cities. On average, divorce specialists here charge between $260 and $330 per hour. For a contested case, the total lawyer fees can range from $11,000 to $14,000. In an uncontested divorce, these costs are usually around $5,000.
The Cost of Divorce Without Lawyers
It’s no surprise that, looking at the divorce lawyer price in Florida, more and more couples are trying to find a cheaper way to end their marriage. Our online service offers help with the preparation of divorce paperwork who those who have decided to enter into uncontested divorce proceedings.
The main advantages of cooperation with our company are as follows:
- Fixed fee regardless of the complexity of the case.
- Convenient and understandable process of obtaining the necessary documents.
- Clear instructions for submitting the divorce forms to the court.
- The affordable service price of $139. The total cost of filing for divorce will be about $550 ($139 + $410 court fees).
With our online divorce service, you can avoid the typical mistakes of initiating a divorce without legal assistance, such as filling out forms incorrectly, omitting required divorce documents, etc. At the same time, you will save a lot of money by forgoing the services of expensive lawyers.
We have created a system that helps you get all the necessary paperwork without a struggle. With an online divorce, all you need to pay is $139, irrespective of the number of forms needed for your case. Our questionnaire is designed to be simple and straightforward, even for those who do not have any legal background.